Welcome to Cassandra’s Cubby
About Cassandra’s Cubby
Cassandra is the owner and principal Speech and Language Pathologist of Cassandra’s Cubby.
Cassandra is a Certified Practicing Speech Pathologist (CPSP) and member of Speech Pathology Australia (SPA) Association. Cassandra is also an ongoing participant in the Professional Self-Regulation program (PSR) of SPA, which ensures that she is continuously refreshing her knowledge and widening her therapeutic experience by attending various training programs, conferences and keeping well-informed with new evidence-based practice.
Cassandra has worked across a number of different settings throughout Melbourne and Queensland, including:
- Child-care, Kindergarten & school settings
- Mobile home-clinics
- Sensory-based (DIR-Floortime) Multi-disciplinary private practice
- Early Intervention (Local Government agency) for children aged between 0-6 years with special needs and/or disabilities in more than one allied health area
- Special Schools
- Community-based, private practice clinics
Cassandra has been professionally trained in:
- Sounds-Write - First Rate Phonics
- Hanen – It Takes Two To Talk
- Sarah Starr - Paediatric Feeding Educational Programs
- Gen Jerob - Sensory processing & Traffic Jam in my Brain
- Caroline Bowen - Speech Sound Disorders
- Caroline Bowen - Childhood Apraxia of Speech
Cassandra has also practiced in various clinics throughout Melbourne and Queensland implementing successful therapy techniques, such as:
- RDI / DIR Floortime
- Lidcombe Program for Stuttering
- Nuffield Program for severe speech sound disorders
Cassandra has also developed a special interest in
- Myofunctional therapy for Tongue Thrust, Lisping, Hypotonia (low tone) in facial muscles, mouth breathers.
How can Cassandra’s Cubby
help my loved one?
Cassandra’s Cubby is a Private Speech and Language Pathology practice, specializing in assessment and therapy for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, adolescents and young adults who have difficulty with:
- Articulation - Speech Sounds & speech difficulties
- Fluency - Stuttering, stammering
- Voice - husky voice/vocal nodules
- Late Talkers - language stimulation
- Language delays & disorders - Expressive & Receptive
- School age language difficulties
- Pragmatic language & Social Skills
- School Readiness & Phonemic Awareness
- Literacy & Learning Difficulties – reading, writing & spelling
- Feeding difficulties
- Fussy eaters & restricted diets
- Difficulty coordinating movements of the mouth required for feeding
- Tongue thrust
- Developmental Delay & Disabilities
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Auditory processing weaknesses
Schedule of Fees
Payment is made prior to your appointment via cash, direct bank deposit, cheque or PayPal – to suit your requirements. *Eftpos facilities coming soon!
- Initial phone call to gather information about your child, which will assist in assessment planning.
- Individual 1:1 assessment – based upon child’s age & your primary concerns.
- Parent consultation & question time (approximately 10-15 minutes) prior to completion of your assessment when required.
|Initial assessment – Please allow 60-95 min
|Subsequent assessment session(s) –
60 min. If your child requires shorter assessment sessions - this will be determined on the day.
- All relevant background information
- Test scores & discussion of results
- Conclusive summary
- Relevant strategies for home/school/Kinder etc.
|$121.00 (incl. GST)
Summary Report and or letter to paediatrician (or other)
- Includes tabulated test scores & a brief summary (1 page) of assessment findings.
- Updates for school
- Updates for funding organisations
- Individual therapy activities based upon your child’s needs
- Provision of regular homework/carryover activities
- Discussion time with parents/guardian(s)
- Limited liaison with teachers/other relevant people in your child’s life
- Travel to your house or educational facility (daycare, kindergarten, school)
|Cassandra’s Cubby can also create laminated resources with Velcro or other materials similar to those used in the cubby for a small additional fee – please enquire within.
Private Health Fund Rebates
Partial rebates may be available for assessment and treatment sessions. The amount of rebate depends on the type and level of your private health cover. To determine rebate information, please contact your health fund directly.
Medicare Enhanced Primary Care Programs
Cassandra’s Cubby is registered with Medicare (under the Allied Health Initiative) to provide speech pathology services to those who meet the Medicare requirements. In certain cases Medicare offers rebates for children who are eligible under the Medicare Enhanced Primary Care Program (EPC). For more information please contact your GP or refer to http://www.health.gov.au/epc. A GP referral to Speech Pathology is required in order for you to make a claim through Medicare.
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
Cassandra does accept NDIS funded clients. However clients need to be self managing their funds.